I saw the new Star Wars movie and played some Jedi Knight 2 again and thought I’d try to make a lightsaber in UE4 as just a bit of fun.
* a glowing retractable blade
* animTrail emitter for more impressive visuals in motion
* attached light
* changeable colour with 1 variable
* emissive burn marks on walls that fade away
* particles of burnt stuff when hitting something
And if you want to see any of the blueprint code or use it for whatever you want yourself, you can download the project here:
It’s made in Unreal Engine 4 version 4.10 and other versions might work, but I’m not going to be updating it for any other ones.